Cyber threats target individuals and businesses in an attempt to obtain confidential information so criminals may gain access to financial accounts. These threats may originate from an email, a website, text, phone call, etc. To help protect your information, take precautions such as:
- For online banking, use complex passwords such as phrases. And even though none of us like to, it is best practice to change your user name and password often.
- Do not respond to online emails from people you don’t know.
- Do not open links or attachments or provide your personal information through suspicious emails, texts, phone calls, even if the sender appears to be a reputable company or someone you know. For example, the IRS and FDIC will not send emails, texts, or call individuals.
- Watch the video, “The Fly Phishing Hack that Cost Millions”, to see how cyber criminals gain information. It can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrcK017DE0.
- For more information regarding cyber security, please visit these secure websites: